IT OfficerGPT SPM LTD., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia• Manage and control all the National Guard School of Signals (NGSS) IT Training Systems and associated Tools & Test Equipment (T&TE).
• Prepare, reconfigure and update the IT Training equipment to meet daily Saudi Arabia National Guards (SANG) training requirements.
• Report on the status of the IT networks, software and firmware configurations.
• Act as the point of contact for the NGSS IT equipment husbandry, and maintain the faults & failure register.
• Assist and advise Instructors in the use of the IT Training System.
• Act as the NGSS IT Equipment Custodian for stores and Equipment issued to GPT by Supply Officer of the NGSS.
• To be responsible for the individual computer tutoring were necessary.
• To be responsible for, but not limited to, the maintenance and serviceability of the following systems:-
Typing/Comcen Training Systems, SANG IT Training System, SANG Technician IT Training Classrooms, Language Laboratories, Interactive Classrooms, CCIS Training System, NGSS Administration LAN plus all extensions
• To be responsible for a Software Licensing Register and Licensing Issues.
• To be responsible for the overall safe custody and handling of all IT software with regards to the NGSS IT Training systems.
IT SpecialistNESPAK Pvt. Ltd., Riyadh, Saudi Arabia• Reporting to General Manager, playing a critical role in evaluating appropriate technologies and platforms as well as being involved in the designing and development of web applications, databases and interactive applications. Further involved in the entire projects life cycle from initiative to project sign-off.
IT ManagerCubicle Communications, Karachi, Pakistan.• Manage backup, security and user help systems;
• Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements;
• Direct daily operations of the department, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards and setting deadlines;
• Assign and review the work of systems analysts, programmers, and other computer-related workers;
• Stay abreast of advances in technology;
• Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Review and approve all systems charts and programs prior to their implementation.
• Participate at all stages of development including research, design, programming, testing and implementation of ERP based solutions for manufacturing concerns.
• Review, understand, enhance, and customize new features by analyzing and implementing new modules on ERP products.
• Evaluate the organization's technology use and needs and recommend improvements, such as hardware and software upgrades.
• Control operational budget and expenditures.
• Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- KARACHI UNIVERSITY, Karachi
KARACHI UNIVERSITYMA - Economics
Courses: Micro Economics, Public Finance, Advance Economics Statistics, Economic of Planning, Islamic Economics, Macro Economics, International Economics, Monetary Economics, Development of Economics.
- Preston University, Karachi
Preston UniversityeMBA - Information Technology
Courses: Organizational Communications, Principles of Management, Business Process Re-Engineering, Structured Programming, MIS, Strategic MIS, Advance Computer Networks, Leadership, Software Engineering, Project Management Fundamentals.
IT Project Manageri-WAY Solutions, Karachi, Pakistan.• Confer with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design systems and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
• Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
• Consult with customers about software system design and maintenance.
• Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
• Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Develop and direct software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
• Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts, and peripheral equipment modifications.
• Supervise the work of programmers, technologists and technicians and other engineering and scientific personnel.
• Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as reporting formats required, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
• Plans and performs analysis to guide the design and implementation or improvement of the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) Systems. Develops information and data requirements and translates them into systems designs including tables, panels and reports.
IT Technical Support OfficerSeneca College of Applied Arts and Technology• Installing and configuring computer systems;
• Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
• Talking staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone;
• Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware/software faults;
• Finding solutions to problems, be it through creating a desktop shortcut or fixing a major fault on the operating system;
• Replacing parts as required;
• Providing support, including procedural, documentation;
• Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
• Running network applications to support systems and users;
• Supporting new applications;
• Setting up new users;
• Responding within agreed time limits to call-outs;
• Working continuously on a task until completion (or referral to third parties, if appropriate);
• Prioritizing and managing several open cases at one time;
• Rapidly establishing a good working relationship with other professionals (e.g., contract businesses) in order to make necessary repairs;
• Testing and evaluating new technology;
• Conducting electrical safety checks on computer equipment.
Assistant Operations AdministratorSaudi American Bank (SAMBA), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia• Enter commands using the computer terminal, and activate controls on computer and peripheral equipment to integrate and operate equipment.
• Monitor the system for equipment failure or errors in performance.
• Notify supervisor or computer maintenance technicians of equipment malfunctions.
• Respond to program error messages by finding and correcting problems or terminating the program.
• Read job set-up instructions to determine equipment to be used, order of use, material such as disks and paper to be loaded, and control settings.
• Operate spreadsheet programs and other types of software to load and manipulate data and to produce reports.
• Retrieve, separate and sort program output as needed, and send data to specified users.
• Load peripheral equipment with selected materials for operating runs, or oversee loading of peripheral equipment by peripheral equipment operators.
• Answer telephone calls to assist computer users encountering problems.
• Oversee the operation of computer hardware systems, including coordinating and scheduling the use of computer terminals and networks to ensure efficient use.
• Receive and send data files to and from International and Domestic branches using advanced communication systems.
Please sign up to view Mohammad Faisal AbdulRab's full profile.SIGN UP
Highlights of my accomplishments throughout my career include:
• Developed and implemented a records management program for filing, protection, and retrieval of records and assured compliance with the program. This includes designing ERP models, Back Office Products and Business Management Solutions.
• Developed computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
• Designed and implemented network configurations, network architecture (including hardware and software technology, site locations, and integration of technologies), and systems.
• Involved in developing users requirement for new applications and enhancements, users testing and as coordinator between users and IT.
• Involved in training aspects of multiple certification courses related to networking, programming, databases and management information systems.
• Achieved certification of Certified Network Administrator from Novell.
• Prepared manuals and trained staffs in use of new forms, reports, procedures and/or equipment’s, according to organizational policies.
• Designed and developed multiple web based solutions and portals, and dynamic websites.
• Designed and Implemented solutions for domestic and International call center businesses including implementation of technology infrastructure.